Dutch trio Daisy Bell’s music varies from atmospheric soundscapes to experimental, minimal electro pop. With a collection of acoustic and electronic instruments, live sampling, live sound manipulation and harmony vocals, Daisy Bell switches from soft and intimate to a raw and vibrant wall of sound.
On stage, the band is lit up by large projections of poems by William Blake (1757-1827), which they use as their lyrics.
Dyane, Evelien and Richard share a background in performing, producing and composing for the stage, installation and multidisciplinary art, film, theatre and dance and share a passion for genre-transcending music projects.
The name ‘Daisy Bell’ is derived from the first song that was ‘sung’ by a computer in 1961.
Their debut album, entitled "London", produced by Darren Allison (Efterklang, Spiritualized, Amatorski), was released in November 2015 on Opa Loka Records (GER).
- support CocoRosie at 013, Tilburg (NL)
- concert @ Avantgarde Festival, Schiphorst (GER)
- project "Year Without A Summer" with gamelan ensemble Gending
- Videoclip "Eternity". Screened at Cinedans festival, EYE Amsterdam 2013 + international festivals
- live concert on "Arts Birthday" at Café Sonore, broadcasted via satellite in 24 European countries
- album recording with producer Darren Allison (Spiritualized, Amatorski, Belle & Sebastian a.m.m.)